Erica Ramstad Whitsell
Erica Ramstad Whitsell, a Wichita criminal defense attorney at the McConnell Law Firm, specializes in criminal defense, including Driving Under the Influence (DUI), false sexual accusations, and traffic law.
With a Bachelor of Arts in English from South Dakota State University and a Juris Doctor from the University of South Dakota School of Law, Erica joined the McConnell Law Firm in 2022 to help defend our clients. She was initially drawn to the legal industry to help others and give back to the community. She now enjoys working with our team to review documents, meet and communicate with clients, and attend court proceedings.
Since joining the McConnell Law Firm, Erica has come to appreciate the team approach that the firm takes in representing clients. She particularly enjoys witnessing each client receive the attention and dedication of every firm member actively working together to achieve the best possible outcome for their case.
Outside of work, Erica enjoys spending time with her two dogs, Remy and Teddy, and her husband, Nathan, with whom she is expecting her first child in December of 2022.
- South Dakota State University | Bachelor of Arts in English, Minor in Spanish, Magna Cum Laude
- University of South Dakota School of Law | Juris Doctor, Honors
- Kansas Bar Association
- South Dakota Bar Association
- “Monster Under the Bed: The Nightmare of Leaving Juvenile Life Sentences up to the Parole Board” South Dakota Law Review Vol. 64, Issue I – 64 S.D. L. REV. 126
- “Beyond the Cages: Sex Trafficking in South Dakota” South Dakota Law Review Vol. 64, Issue III – 64 S.D. L. REV. 346